Tuesday 3 April 2007

A Reversal of Roles

The following are tearful (I mean, really full) thoughts I had today while driving, once again. This time on my way from picking my mom up at the hospital and taking her to her new temporary home.

"You're bossing me around! Telling me what to do! You're not being fair!"
"Well, if you want me to treat you like an adult, you're going to have to start acting like one."
~Reflections on a mother-daughter conversation. The daughter's statement is the latter.

"Why was I even born? I'm stupid. I was a mistake. Born out of wedlock, born out of wedlock. My parents only got married because of me. My father hated me."
~Words and hurts you never want to hear. Especially crying from out of your mother's mouth."Blessed be Your Name when the sun's shining down on me and the world's all as it should be...when the darkness closes in Lord, still I will say, Blessed be Your Name."

"Oh Lord, Your love is new with every morning.
Your faithfulness gets me through the night.
You bid me come.
You know that I am weary.
Your yoke is easy, Your burden is light."
~boredatthebeach

No comments: