Friday 20 April 2007

I'm going to Europe

It's official. The tickets have been booked. And this is an actual holiday! Can you believe that I am traveling for sole pleasure for once!? (Although, a couple of our travel mates are turning to Sharon and myself for guidance and well, team leading! Ha ha. And already I am kicking into Beth-organizer mode--getting very excited to plan and plot things all out!)

So it's going to be four countries in the period of July 5th to the 23rd! France, Italy, Switzerland and England in that order. (England is more to visit friends.) Quite the whirlwind.

If you're interested, you can check out our route plan at My Own Google Map.

Speaking of Google Maps, here's a little something fun to try. Go to "Get Directions" and choose a North American city departure and a European city arrival (New York to Paris, for example) and read the directions they give you. Particularly scrolling down to the transatlantic portion.

For those with experience or those who would like the chance to live through my experience, I am open to any suggestions of places to go and things to see. Along the way of course (Paris and surrounding region, Nice, Cannes, Monaco, Pisa, Rome, Venice, Davos, Herisau, Zurich, Basel, Champagne...) For example, I found this cool little thingy I want to check out. Lord of the Rings fans, you may be interested.

And if you're the praying type and agree that I deserve such a holiday, please join me in beseeching the Lord for the necessary money! Yikes. Merci beaucoup!

1 comment:

Bringer of Smiles said...

you think you're so cool, miss i-speak-english-and-french-so-well-that-i-know-things! just kidding.

so it's official, huh? europe. that's awesome. seems like a much deserved gift from God. ah yeah.