Tuesday 11 October 2011

Un peu de musique française

I've been trying to get a taste for current French music, but the charts and radios are full of English and American music!  There is, however, one French artist who I hear quite a bit and who I'm digging, Christophe Maé.  Here is his current single Un peu de blues.


Then there is the current number one, slightly over-played, but quite fun Elle me dit which I've learned is actually by the Brit Mika!


I honestly can't really think of anything else that has caught my attention (besides the various tv programs that play old concert clips, 90s music and such, during which I find myself feeling bad that I don't know the Québecois singers besides Céline).

Well, there is this one interesting song called Double Je, which I was surprised to find out is sung by a man.  Here is a bizarre video for it...obviously the radio only plays the song and not these weird video clips, but I thought this may be slightly entertaining for you.





Tomorrow night I am going to a concert on campus by Les Voleurs de Swing who are apparently originally from Tours and, from what I've read, seem to put on an entertaining show.  We'll see!

2 comments:

Christina said...

I just watched the first video. You know what's funny? It's totally filmed in the States. Cowboys, gas is in gallons, driving on the right side of the road.

Beth said...

Yes, it's probably because the song is about blues and soul music...American music. (Continental Europe drives on the right side of the road too, but yes, uses metric.)