Monday 24 October 2011

Autumn Promenade

The weekend was beautiful and I took the opportunity to go for some long, exploratory promenades.  I found some discrete "impasses" very close to my home that are little shortcuts to the adjacent town of Saint-Cyr-sur-Loire (literally, a five minute walk to a new city) and found lots of opportunities for photo taking.  There really ARE fall colours and changing maple leaves in France and I'm enjoying myself immensely in this beautiful French autumn.  Enjoy some of my favourite photos.








These signs mean that I am now leaving Saint-Cyr and entering Tours

Trees seem a lot older and more interesting here.



This is someone's back garden.  They had raspberries too!

There are still a lot of flowers in people's gardens--particularly roses and some hollyhocks.

There were a lot of interesting clouds combined with a lot of jet streams on Saturday.


No comments: