Monday 14 March 2011

Regarding good music...

...I just decided that CBC is my favourite source for introducing me to new, appreciable music. In addition to Geneviève Toupin (see previous blog) who I heard on CBC Radio One's program "À propos", I'm also digging David Myles who I first heard on a CBC's Heartland episode! (Yes, I watch Heartland and it always has an amazing soundtrack! I've enjoyed hearing Brooke Fraser on there too and I've finally got myself a copy of her "Albertine", a little late, I know.) And then there's the Radio One program Q which is always so informative and great for introducing me to musicians.
Yes, having only a tape deck and radio in my car and not having cable at home is resulting in me listening to a lot of CBC (radio, podcasts) and watching a lot of their shows online (Being Erica, Pillars of the Earth, 18 to Life, and Heartland)! Thanks tax-payers for your contributions to my entertainment.

1 comment:

Beth said...

I would like to add that Under the Radar is another great source of new [old] music!