Thursday 19 February 2009

The 25 Random Things Thing

So I decided to waste some time last night on Facebook and ended up doing the "random" thing and blurted down 25 things about myself as they "randomly" came to mind. Thought I'd share them here:

1. I've always liked to say that I don't follow trends, but I keep contradicting myself on that one.
2. Two nights ago I puked on the hour for 7 hours! It was horrible. (You know, after two times, there's not really anything left.) It seems that this occurrence happens to me every few years and I can clearly pinpoint the other times, because I was away. Once in Victoria, once in Winnipeg and once in Northern Ireland. As best as I can figure it out, it is food poisoning.
3. I actually have never really had digestive trouble with all of my travelling/living abroad.
4. I don't really like Gap or American Eagle Outfitters and I have never bought anything from either place.
5. I like listening to CBC radio.
6. Hmm, this one was about this blog, so I'll have to blurt out something else for here. Um...I love sandwiches. A lot. Once for grade 10 Biology, we were supposed to keep track of our diet to count calories and that particular day ended up being a snow day. My calories were through the roof because I made 6 sandwiches for myself that day!
7. I used to write stories when I was little.
8. I try to write songs.
9. I like trivia and can get too obsessed with knowing things.
10. Even though I try to stay knowledgeable about politics, I really am not that political of a person.
11. I can be annoyingly unexciteable and unpassionate about things.
12. Music is my one constant love. Singing especially. I play guitar, bass, piano and percussion, but none of them as well as I'd like.
13. I did public speaking competitions from grade 7 to 9 and went especially far (made money) in grade 8 on my speech about the weirdness of the English language. I actually plagiarized most of the speech's content from an article in Reader's Digest and no one ever caught me! My grade 9 speech on my future ambition to be a housewife and mother didn't go very far.
14. My elementary school was tiny and playing chess was cool. I was good at it and won in the county and went to the provincials. I am proud of this, but it makes me nervous to play now because it's a lot to live up to. I don't think I'm that great anymore.
15. I was once a hippy poser and a boarder poser at the same time. Now I am not close to either. I went to some concerts in Guelph recently and felt out of place with all the hippies.
16. People have this impression that I am a travelling machine. This leads to some people thinking that I am not very settled. The fact is, I have lived in the same city for nearly ten years!
17. The only place I ever really wanted to go was England and I did, living there ten years ago. I view any other travelling as an added blessing that I am given almost year-to-year.
18. I have so many cousins, that I lose track! Some of my older cousins have children older than our younger cousins.
19. Seeing other cultures, I have a great respect for prioritizing community living and taking care of family. My mom has been living in a nursing home since July. Sigh.
20. I am a fan of lesser-known shows like Veronica Mars and Instant Star. But I also love Lost, 24, Prison Break, etc. My favourite reality shows are the Amazing Race and So You Think You Can Dance.
21. In my teen years, I used to go to a lot of Christian concerts. I saw the Vancouver group Hokus Pick about 10 times, so that they started to recognize me.
22. I like dogs, but can't picture having one in the city. My dog Duke lived for 16 years (on a farm). He used to chase everything, snowmobiles, cars, walkers, school bus, ground hogs, snakes, rabbits....I once helped him kill a raccoon (when I was 10). Oh Duke.
23. My lungs aren't very good when I exercise. I am not convinced that they will get better with training. Even when I was little and really fit, I could never run a complete lap without going a ridiculous slow pace. I get weezy when I exert myself a lot (like a spin class), or outside in the cold (like jogging up the block last week to the video store). I have a puffer. Sometimes I get this weezy cough when I'm nervous. I sometimes wonder if I picked something up in Mexico City as I can clearly remember having breathing problems there.
24. I am a huge advocate for making sure that women are properly fitted at a bra store. I hate that commercial for "Meals Ready Before You Are" where the woman comes downstairs in her bra to take her meal out of the microwave. The bra is riding up in the back! It doesn't fit her right!
25. On my 25th birthday I picked up my new car and had a backyard party at good ol' 380 Louisa St. For that birthday, I went and saw U2!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Good list! My fave was admitting you lifted your greatest speech from a Readers Digest! That's funny stuff.
tvClickr