Monday 7 December 2009

Christmas tunes...stay tuned!

It's the most wonderful time of the year. Time when we get to pull out some great tunes (among other good things). I'm still enjoying my new computer and the break from school and work that it gives me. Here is the first Christmas tune of a few more (to be expected over the season).

Everyone loves O Holy Night right? Well, my favourite version is on a compilation cd called Happy Christmas done by Seven Day Jesus. Check it out here!

Now here is my version attempt. It's a little bit lame in how I tried to use the laptop keyboard to add in piano and bass bits. But again, I'm testing it out!

(Moving podcast to side bar--->)

1 comment:

Tim (the Brother) said...

Funny today while driving home with Ezra, I wanted to hear Seven Day Jesus' version of O Holy Night. Like you, it used to be my favourite version of my favourite Christmas song. On Christmas Eve, I would take it out on a portable CD player into the field overlooking the "crick" and play it.

The reason I wanted to hear it tonight is because I have a new favourite version and wanted to remember my old favourite. Ezra sings it perfectly. The woman (Lisa) who first told us that Ezra probably had autism was making sure that Ezra could come to the Christmas concert on Friday evening (normal therapy day). She remembers when he was non-verbal 2 and a half years ago, would not respond to anything and sat in a corner lining up blocks in a straight row for hours. Now he is blowing everybody away. His teachers, old and new can hardly believe it is Ezra. It is a miracle in slow motion. We see it. We hear it, but we can hardly believe it. The less one knows about autism, the easier it is to believe.

2 years ago, Aunt Marilyn told me (truthfully) that 50% of ASD kids will never be verbal. Here is Ezra now, singing "O Holy Night" in perfect tune and practicing it 10 times a day for 2 weeks.

It is poignant today. James Delorey died in Nova Scotia. Autistic, non-verbal and lost in the snowy forest. He was found too late and pass away this morning. He looked a little like Ezra (most ASD kids look like little pixies; hate eating, hate getting their hair cut.) His miracle came too late. I hope to share Ezra's miracle with others.